mtd-utils-2.1.3.tar.bz2 missing jffs2.h file?

David Oberhollenzer david.oberhollenzer at sigma-star.at
Wed Jan 5 02:04:04 PST 2022

Hi,

On 12/29/21 16:58, Nick wrote:
> In "mtd-utils-2.1.3.tar.bz2" the file "include/linux/jffs2.h" is
> missing. In "mtd-utils-2.1.2.tar.bz2" it is contained and also in the
> git. Is that intended?

that is not intended. I just investigated this and can confirm, that the
recent release tarball misses the header.

It appears this was caused by commit a888044525. The source file list was
reshuffled and a missing escape character caused the file to be omitted
from the source list.

The problem apparently went unnoticed, as the system on which the release
tarball was built, as well as a test VM, had the same header installed in
the system include directory, so a `make distcheck` didn't fail and the
build/test from the tarball on the VM also succeeded.

This should now be fixed in commit c3a92d6bdc. Although there were only a
hand full of fixes on master, but 2.1.3 is already 6 months old, so I would
simply follow that up later with a new release from the current master.

Greetings,

David