Make NAND_BBT_NO_OOB_BBM configurable or let the gpmi driver decide?

Daniel Glöckner dg at emlix.com
Thu Feb 24 07:55:27 PST 2022

Am 24.02.22 um 16:29 schrieb Miquel Raynal:
> dg at emlix.com wrote on Wed, 23 Feb 2022 11:59:02 +0100:
>> Am 22.02.22 um 23:02 schrieb Han Xu:>>> Could you please describe more details about what kind of error, how to
>>> reproduce it and on which kernel version?
>>
>> You need a flash that has one bad block where programming the BBM sets
>> NAND_STATUS_FAIL in its status register. The latest kernels should still
>> have problems when this happens in a UBI.
>
> I believe we should try to tackle "why" this happens more than try to
> workaround its consequences. Can you give more details about why we get
> this status?

Uhm, the block is bad, broken. It shows the same behavior even after
power cycling. The other blocks are ok. I don't think it is our fault
that it died so early.

Best regards,

  Daniel

--
Dipl.-Math. Daniel Glöckner, emlix GmbH, http://www.emlix.com
Fon +49 551 30664-0, Fax +49 551 30664-11,

emlix - your embedded linux partner