mtd locking fix and cleanups

Miquel Raynal miquel.raynal at bootlin.com
Mon Aug 23 01:30:26 PDT 2021

Hi Christoph,

Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst.de> wrote on Mon, 23 Aug 2021 09:33:51 +0200:

> Hi mtd maintainers,
>
> the first series in this patch fixes a lock order reversal reported by
> Guenter based on a recent commit, although from code inspection it should
> have been around for much longer.
>
> The rest is drive-by cleanups in the area that I noticed while trying to
> understand the locking changes.  These are untested and need to be handled
> with care!

Thanks for the fix and the various cleanups, they look good to me. I
don't know how important these drivers are nor if they are still
actually used, it would be good to have some feedback from people still
following. In the mean time I'll apply the series right away, I don't
want to wait an additional month or so because of the merge window.

Thanks,
Miquèl