UBIFS-AUTH panic after reboot

Kristof Havasi havasiefr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 06:41:07 EDT 2020

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 at 11:51, Richard Weinberger <richard at nod.at> wrote:

> ----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
> > I couldn't trigger the same error with encryption disabled and authentication
> > enabled. Even if I enabled all the chk_* knobs under kernel/debug/ubifs/, no
> > failed assertion or error/warning log could be observed.
>
> So, with either encryption or authentication enabled everything is fine
> but when both are enabled you hit the problem?
> Interesting.

That is exactly what I can observe.

> >> Does it print big LPT or small LPT model?
> >
> > small LPT model.
>
> I'll try to reproduce now on a similar sized NAND. :-)

I mentioned that I use the buildroot's mkfs.ubifs with customization,
but here are the parameters:
(Configured via Kconfig)

--max-leb-cnt=3968
--min-io-size=0x1000
--leb-size=0x3E000
--key /path/to/key
--key-descriptor dead12345678beef
--cipher AES-256-XTS
--hash-algo sha256
--auth-key="pkcs11:token=..."

The flash is a Micron MT29F8G08ABACAWP-IT:C which has 224 bytes OOB,
which is not
included in the --min-io-size. That is ok, isn't?

Thank you,
        Kristof