Identifying a UBI Image and locating the volume table

Randy Yates yates at ieee.org
Thu Sep 10 06:15:14 EDT 2020

I have a 256MB NAND flash with 2048-byte blocks and 64-byte ECC areas.
I am trying to determine where the UBI image lies within this flash.
there are large portions of the flash which do not have an ec header
mapped, so i am trying to determine how many UBI images and their
location in the flash. how to do?

I am also not finding where the volume table is supposed to be located
in a UBI image. I see it defined in ubi-media.h, but i cannot find
anything specific in the documentation (e.g. Memory Technology Device
(MTD) Subsystem for Linux.) that says where it is supposed to be
located.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

--Randy