[RFC] mtd-utils: tag for previous release versions

David Oberhollenzer david.oberhollenzer at sigma-star.at
Wed Oct 28 05:57:13 EDT 2020

Hi,

On 10/28/20 10:37 AM, Junling Zheng wrote:
> 在 2020/10/28 17:17, Junling Zheng 写道:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I note that there are no Tags in the mtd-utils repository for v2.1.1 and previous versions.
>>
>> Do we have any plans to tag them for convenience?

A few months ago there was a disk failure on the server hosting the mailing
list archive and the git repositories. I pushed the mtd-utils repository again
and must have missed to push the older tags as well.

I pushed the tags now. Thanks for reporting!

> In addition, the 'release announcement' links for mtd-utils 2.1.1 and 2.1.0 on the home page cannot be opened:
>
> https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2019-July/090488.html
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2019-March/088267.html
>
> Were these two mails deleted by mistake?

In a way, yes. The only available backups of the mailing list archive where from
May 2018, so there is now a ~2 year gap in the mail archive.

Greetings,

David