merge struct block_device and struct hd_struct

Jan Beulich jbeulich at suse.com
Wed Nov 18 03:56:11 EST 2020

Christoph,

On 18.11.2020 09:47, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Diffstat:
>  block/bio.c                                  |    6
>  block/blk-cgroup.c                           |   50 +-
>  block/blk-core.c                             |   85 +--
>  block/blk-flush.c                            |    2
>  block/blk-iocost.c                           |   36 -
>  block/blk-lib.c                              |    2
>  block/blk-merge.c                            |    6
>  block/blk-mq.c                               |   11
>  block/blk-mq.h                               |    5
>  block/blk.h                                  |   92 ----
>  block/genhd.c                                |  444 +++++---------------
>  block/ioctl.c                                |    7
>  block/partitions/core.c                      |  238 +++--------
>  drivers/block/drbd/drbd_receiver.c           |    2
>  drivers/block/drbd/drbd_worker.c             |    2
>  drivers/block/loop.c                         |   21
>  drivers/block/nbd.c                          |    6
>  drivers/block/xen-blkback/common.h           |    4
>  drivers/block/xen-blkfront.c                 |   20
>  drivers/block/zram/zram_drv.c                |   20
>  drivers/md/bcache/request.c                  |    4
>  drivers/md/bcache/super.c                    |   53 --
>  drivers/md/dm-table.c                        |    9
>  drivers/md/dm.c                              |   16
>  drivers/md/md.c                              |    8
>  drivers/mtd/mtdsuper.c                       |   17
>  drivers/nvme/target/admin-cmd.c              |   20
>  drivers/s390/block/dasd.c                    |    8
>  drivers/s390/block/dasd_ioctl.c              |    9
>  drivers/scsi/scsicam.c                       |    2
>  drivers/target/target_core_file.c            |    6
>  drivers/target/target_core_pscsi.c           |    7
>  drivers/usb/gadget/function/storage_common.c |    8
>  fs/block_dev.c                               |  578 ++++++++-------------------
>  fs/btrfs/sysfs.c                             |   15
>  fs/btrfs/volumes.c                           |   13
>  fs/ext4/super.c                              |   18
>  fs/ext4/sysfs.c                              |   10
>  fs/f2fs/checkpoint.c                         |    5
>  fs/f2fs/f2fs.h                               |    2
>  fs/f2fs/super.c                              |    8
>  fs/f2fs/sysfs.c                              |    9
>  fs/inode.c                                   |    3
>  fs/internal.h                                |    7
>  fs/io_uring.c                                |   10
>  fs/pipe.c                                    |    5
>  fs/pstore/blk.c                              |    2
>  fs/quota/quota.c                             |   40 +
>  fs/statfs.c                                  |    2
>  fs/super.c                                   |   86 ----
>  include/linux/blk-cgroup.h                   |    4
>  include/linux/blk_types.h                    |   26 +
>  include/linux/blkdev.h                       |   24 -
>  include/linux/fs.h                           |    5
> [...]

since this isn't the first series from you recently spamming
xen-devel, may I ask that you don't Cc entire series to lists
which are involved with perhaps just one out of the many patches?
IMO Cc lists should be compiled on a per-patch basis; the cover
letter may of course be sent to the union of all of them.

Thanks much,
Jan