[PATCH v4 04/21] dt-bindings: mtd: Deprecate OOB_FIRST mode
miquel.raynal at bootlin.com
Fri Jan 17 13:41:34 PST 2020
This mode has never actually been used, it was introduced for a single
driver and even this driver did not use it in the DT but only in the
code. Now that this mode has been removed, let's trim the bindings
definition to avoid carrying useless properties.
Signed-off-by: Miquel Raynal <miquel.raynal at bootlin.com>
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mtd/atmel-nand.txt | 3 +--
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mtd/nand-controller.yaml | 2 +-
2 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mtd/atmel-nand.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mtd/atmel-nand.txt
index 68b51dc58816..49e7660fc1f6 100644
@@ -142,8 +142,7 @@ Required properties:
- atmel,nand-has-dma : boolean to support dma transfer for nand read/write.
- nand-ecc-mode : String, operation mode of the NAND ecc mode, soft by default.
- Supported values are: "none", "soft", "hw", "hw_syndrome", "hw_oob_first",
+ Supported values are: "none", "soft", "hw", "hw_syndrome", "soft_bch".
- atmel,has-pmecc : boolean to enable Programmable Multibit ECC hardware,
capable of BCH encoding and decoding, on devices where it is present.
- atmel,pmecc-cap : error correct capability for Programmable Multibit ECC
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mtd/nand-controller.yaml b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mtd/nand-controller.yaml
index d261b7096c69..d529f8587ba6 100644
@@ -49,7 +49,7 @@ patternProperties:
- $ref: /schemas/types.yaml#/definitions/string
- - enum: [ none, soft, hw, hw_syndrome, hw_oob_first, on-die ]
+ - enum: [ none, soft, hw, hw_syndrome, on-die ]
Desired ECC engine, either hardware (most of the time
embedded in the NAND controller) or software correction
More information about the linux-mtd