UBI assert failed in ubi_wl_init

Timo Ketola timo at exertus.fi
Fri Mar 16 06:34:57 PDT 2018

On 18.02.2018 22:31, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> Okay. That's a bit odd. Maybe my analysis is wrong. Can you try the
> following, replay the image to your NAND and attach again.
> Then you should get the same UBI assert a second time.

Of course I can but what would be the difference to simple rebooting? I
get the assertion failure on every boot from the second one onwards.
Before I commit to that one, let's look what I found recently.

I already tried the replay but bumped into ECC errors. Due to that and
other things I switched the kernel to Freescale IMX 4.9.74 with Boundary
fixes. I reduced the size of the user partition to 1800M and got rid of
the 'could not get any free erase block' and 'Unable to write new
fastmap' errors. The assertion failures from the second boot onwards
remained.

I wondered why I'm not seeing the same issue with my smaller 64M system
mtd. Then I reduced the user partition to 48M and the mtd to 64M and the
issue vanished. Then I kept the partition at 48M but restored the mtd
size to 1800M and the issue returned. If I make the mtd size 0x4e680000
or smaller there is no issue. If I make it 0x4e6a0000 or larger the
issue is there. Every time I erased the NAND and burned a fresh image.

What do you want me to do next?

--

Timo