Aw: Re: jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found. is25lp256d

Frieder Schrempf frieder.schrempf at exceet.de
Thu Mar 15 08:04:35 PDT 2018

On 15.03.2018 15:43, Frank Smith wrote:
>> I guess you need to set SPI_NOR_4B_OPCODES flag to use 4 byte addressing
>> and be able to access memory above 16MB.
>
> SPI_NOR_4B_OPCODES does not have an effect. Still these error above from 0xA00000 to 0xeXXXXX
>
> jffs2: jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x00d60024: 0x0069 instead
>
> and
>
> jffs2: Empty flash at 0x00d6fe34 ends at 0x00d6fe3c
>
> What do you mean by, be able to access memory above 16MB? How to verify this?

Unfortunately I'm not an expert, but what I do know is, that you need 4
byte addresses to be able to access memory above 16MiB (simply because
with 3 bytes you can only address 2^24 bytes = 16MiB).

And in the spi-nor driver you can set SPI_NOR_4B_OPCODES to tell the
driver to use the special opcodes for 4 byte mode.

But I haven't looked into this and I don't know if ISSI chips need any
special handling.

Also as I already said, I'm not an expert and other people on the list
can probably tell you more about this.

Regards,

Frieder