Writing log in flash

Richard Weinberger richard.weinberger at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 11:53:06 PST 2018

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 8:53 AM, Steve deRosier <derosier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hopefully I'm right in the above and I can save Richard or Boris a few
> moments of time; otherwise I'm sure someone will chime in and correct
> me. Again, I'll be clear: the above is based on the devices I use and
> might not apply to all. And if you haven't already, read the datasheet
> of the NAND you are using.

Thanks for the nice overview!

I have only one thing to highlight, UBIFS is a general purpose
filesystem, which means that
it has to fulfill (most) requirements from POSIX. Depending on the
type of logging you can also
consider directly writing to UBI itself. But in most cases it is not
worth the hassle.

--
Thanks,
//richard