Updates to ubihealthd

Ronak Desai ronak.desai at rockwellcollins.com
Mon Apr 16 09:31:20 PDT 2018

This is the updates to the work which Richard did in
past(https://lwn.net/Articles/663751/).

I am not suggesting it to merge somewhere. This is more of a FYI so
that  someone can use it as these changes are to make it work on large
UBI volumes and fix some issues. As without these changes, it will
cause heavy CPU load and won't respond to user signals when running
with large UBI volumes.  I have tested these changes on target HW
where UBI volume size is greater than 60 GB.

Also, I noticed that the read counter in this patch
(http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2015-November/063125.html)
was not initialized in the drivers/mtd/ubi/wl.c/ubi_wl_init function
so that also I updated. Please let me know if someone needs that
updated patch.

--
Ronak A Desai
Sr. Software Engineer