ubihealthd : Question regarding the frequency of reading and scrubbing

Ronak Desai ronak.desai at rockwellcollins.com
Sat Apr 7 09:17:49 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am using ubihealthd (https://lwn.net/Articles/663751/) to trigger
re-reads and scrubbing on NAND partitions.

My question is regarding the frequency of triggering reads and scrubs,
how can I trigger them efficiently so that it does not overkill for my
NAND partitions, CPU and still serve it purpose of data retention?

Mount type of the partition (read only/read write)  matter on the
frequency at which I should schedule read and scrub? As per the
default parameters, read interval is 10 times more frequent than
scrub? Also, the read threshold varies based on the use-case or the
default value is acceptable for all use-cases ?

--
Ronak A Desai
Sr. Software Engineer
Ronak.Desai at rockwellcollins.com