Regression for NOR flash with multiple erase block regions

Mathias Thore Mathias.Thore at infinera.com
Sun Sep 24 23:28:18 PDT 2017

Looking at the earlier code, in the call to mtd_mod_by_eb, the parameter is slave->mtd. The slave mtd struct holds the correct erase size. The new code uses wr_alignment for all alignment tests, which comes from master/parent, and seems to always hold the largest possible erase size.

The flash in question has 4 erase blocks of size 0x8000 at the start, and then the rest of the erase blocks are size 0x20000. Here is some data from traces I added around the point of failure:

0x000000000000-0x000000008000 : "XYZ"
dbg: wr_alignment 0x00020000
dbg: parent->flags & MTD_NO_ERASE = 0
dbg: parent->writesize 0x00000001
dbg: parent->erasesize 0x00020000
dbg: slave->mtd.writesize 0x00000001
dbg: slave->mtd.erasesize 0x00008000
dbg: slave->offset 0x0000000000000000
dbg: slave->mtd.size 0x0000000000008000
dbg: remainder (start) 0x00000000
dbg: remainder (end) 0x00008000
mtd: partition "XYZ" doesn't end on an erase/write block -- force read-only