Actual usage of files in ubifs

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Mon Sep 11 02:47:40 PDT 2017

Is there a (simple) way to find out exactly how much space each specific
file uses in an ubifs fils system?

I looked into running mkfs.ubifs with some form of option to give me the
info, the closest I got was -g 3 which output a lot of sizes but it was
not obvious exactly what they meant.

I suppose it would be fully possible to add code to mkfs.ubifs to output
this information, as it surely must be there at some point, since it
selects the compression algorithm on a file per file basis, debending on
the amount of compression acheived for each algorithm.

/Ricard