4-bits ECC correction

Danesh Daroui Danesh.Daroui at ascom.com
Mon Jun 19 07:55:41 PDT 2017

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Is there any document about how can we use software ECC with at least level 4 (4-bit ECC) or how it can be activated in the kernel? Also, is there any possible way to know what level of ECC is currently used by UBI/UBIFS or the NAND flash hardware itself?

What kind of incompatibility might occur? We are using quite old kernel (2.6.39.4) so would it be possible to use software ECC on this kernel as well or we need to update the kernel first (we prefer not at this stage)?

Thanks for your help,

Danesh