Regarding UBI/UBIFS corruptions during random power-cuts.

Richard Weinberger richard at nod.at
Wed Jul 26 13:05:34 PDT 2017

Ritesh,

Am 25.07.2017 um 13:16 schrieb Ritesh Harjani:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Recently we also encountered a similar problem which is discussed in this thread. This was encountered on board with kernel 3.18.
> This is happening with external power supply power cut testing.
>
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/719544/
>
> Can you kindly help with what happened on this issue?
> Were we able to identify any bug in kernel for this? Since I don't have any later conversations, it will be good to know if this problem is fixed in the latest kernel or not.

Bhuvan and I are still looking into this.

> If yes, then could you please point me to the patches/discussion on this, if any.
>

> Issue logs :-
> https://pastebin.com/TL2b0ZbH

Do you see this in the same hardware?
The error you're facing is rather generic.
In our case we can reproduce the issue very reliable when we enable the UBIFS /sys/kernel/debug/ubifs/chk_fs debugfs knob.
Can you please also try? Please note that chk_fs will make mounting UBIFS very slow.

I'm very interested in your results, maybe it helps tracking down the root cause.

Thanks,
//richard