On-die ECC support

Peter Rosin peda at axentia.se
Tue Jan 10 06:54:12 PST 2017

On 2017-01-09 22:46, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Am 09.01.2017 um 22:37 schrieb Peter Rosin:
>> Hi!
>>
>> AFAICT, on-die ECC support [1] (continues in [2]) was never upstreamed
>> and the patches no longer applies. I wonder if someone has done the
>> work to forward port them to recent kernels?
>
> Nope.
>
> Supporting On-die ECC in a proper way is with the current MTD NAND code
> not possible.

Hmm, has something fundamental changed since the patches were proposed
that makes it impossible? Or is it just the same as it was a couple of
years ago, but different mechanics (changes to layout handling etc)?

> I stopped working on it since I have no longer access to working
> On-die ECC hardware and On-die ECC is a dead horse.

Maybe so, but here I am with a desire to use a new kernel with old
hardware...

> It is slow and no longer available for recent NANDs.

Cheers,
peda