UBI/UBIFS corruptions during random power-cuts

Bhuvanchandra DV bhuvanchandra.dv at toradex.com
Tue Feb 14 23:22:16 PST 2017

On 02/13/2017 05:15 PM, Bhuvanchandra DV wrote:
> On 02/13/2017 01:27 PM, Richard Weinberger wrote:
>
>> Bhuvan,

>>> The issue is triggered when doing a continous external power-cut for
>>> every
>>> 25sec since power ON. After a week or two observed this issue. There
>>> is no
>>> additional work load on CPU during the test, it just boots to a lxde
>>> desktop.
>> So, the power-cut happens while the system is idle? Hmm.
>
> May be not, sometimes power-cut might happen during boot. Sometimes I
> observed
> journalctl logging just before power-cut.

>>> I did ran similar testes on our downstream kernel 4.4 and 4.9 kernel
>>> few weeks
>>> back, observed similar issues.
>> Okay, so I didn't break it lately. Puh... ;)
>
> :)

>>> Didn't check that. How exactly to check whether xattr is used ?
>> i.e. is a LSM such das SELinux being used?
>
> No, not used so far.

I was wrong, systemd version which we use lately is enabled with access control lists(ACL).
[    3.324846] systemd[1]: systemd 230 running in system mode. (+PAM -AUDIT -SELINUX +IMA -APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP -LIBCRYPTSETUP -GCRYPT -GNUTLS +ACL +XZ -LZ4 -SECCOMP +BLKI)

Will do the test with a systemd without ACL support.

--
Bhuvan