[BUG] pxa3xx: wait time out when scanning for bb

Boris Brezillon boris.brezillon at free-electrons.com
Mon Dec 18 02:45:46 PST 2017

Hi Sean,

On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 11:26:29 +0100
Sean Nyekjær <sean.nyekjaer at prevas.dk> wrote:

> Hi Miquel
>
> > Ok that should be fine!
> >
> > I have added another fix just now for the same problem on write side.
> >
> > I did not spot all of that because I only worked with NAND chips
> > bigger than 2k, where read/writes are split.
> >
> > Thank you very much for your time.
> You are welcome :-)
> You could add me as a Tested-By ;-)
>
> Will this be ready for 4.16?

If no one is complaining about regressions with the new driver, then
yes, it will be queued to the nand/next branch targeting 4.16.

> What would you recommend, running with these patches
> on top af 4.14 LTS or just stick with the pxa3xx driver?

Depends whether the old driver works fine on your board or not.
Backporting is likely to be painful because of the ->exec_op()
infrastructure which was introduced recently, but if it solves issues
you had with the old driver, then it's worth it.

Regards,

Boris