[BUG] pxa3xx: wait time out when scanning for bb

Sean Nyekjær sean.nyekjaer at prevas.dk
Tue Dec 12 10:10:10 PST 2017

Hi Miquel

>> Without kernel bbt (nand scrubbed in uboot just before boot):
>
>[...]
>
>> Block size 131072, page size 2048, OOB size 64
>> Dumping data starting at 0x0fec0000 and ending at 0x0fec0800...
>
>[...]
>
>>    OOB Data: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>>    OOB Data: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>>    OOB Data: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>>    OOB Data: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
>
>As you can see, your U-Boot version does not recreate the BBT
>automatically as I told you it should. Please try rebooting the board
>after scrubbing and then check U-Boot creates the BBT from U-Boot
>command line.

My uboot is recreating the bbt, I have been scrubbing it just before running the bootcmd that's why the OOB is empty :-)
I thought that was what you needed but I guess I was wrong.

>I insist on the fact that this is something I could have spotted
>earlier
>if you had blindlessly copy/pasted the *entire* trace, I don't
>mind if it is big, it can be really interesting for others to get the
>full trace.
>
>This time I only need the trace without the "on-flash-bbt" property.

I see what you want now, you want me to dump what uboot is writing in the bbt and what the new driver is writing :-)
Correct?
I'm sending some tracing the first thing tomorrow.

/Sean