[BUG] pxa3xx: wait time out when scanning for bb

Sean Nyekjær sean.nyekjaer at prevas.dk
Mon Dec 11 03:35:21 PST 2017

Hi Miquel,
>> Actually, if you look carefully to the trace behind, you are not using
>> the same bad block table with the bootloader ("Bad block table not
>> found for chip 0") so the core then reads the OOB area of every first
>> page for each block and looks at the first OOB bytes for the bad block
>> markers. If there was data there, the block will be declared as bad.
> With the new NFC driver, is the bad block table located elsewhere?
> I have not done any changes to my bootloader when i did the switch to
> the new driver,
> so i guess it should work as before.
>> Can you please check that by using the configuration that actually
>> boots and use nanddump in raw mode with the OOB area (options -n and -o)
>> to show us the content of the first page of any block of the last NAND
>> MTD device?
>>

> Will do

Dumped from uboot:
=> nand dump.oob 0xffc0000
Page 0ffc0000 dump:
OOB:
         ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
         31 74 62 42 56 4d 01 ff
         ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
         ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
         ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
         ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
         ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
         ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
=> nand dump.oob 0xffe0000
Page 0ffe0000 dump:
OOB:
         ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
         4d 56 42 62 74 30 01 ff
         ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
         ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
         ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
         ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
         ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
         ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff

I have tried to dump some random pages, and they all contain 0xFF's.
I'll try to trace what the NFC driver is reading from the OOBs.

/Sean