Regarding UBI/UBIFS corruptions during random power-cuts.

Richard Weinberger richard at nod.at
Wed Aug 9 11:07:34 PDT 2017

Ritesh,

Am 09.08.2017 um 17:23 schrieb Ritesh Harjani:
>>> Have you been able to trigger it again on your target?
>> Yes, we tried reproducing with chk_fs enabled. But could not reproduce it yet (earlier we were trying without chk_fs enabled). We will continue to retry for more time. Is there
>> anything specific scenario you think I should include in power on/off to reproduce this issue. The test(with chk_fs enabled) is still running since 6-7 hours.
>
> This could not be reproduced yet. Ran tests for overnight.
> Do you have anything else for us to try? Also kindly loops us in whenever you have any updates on the fix of this issue :)

First of all, we don't know whether this issue is related in any kind.
99% of all UBIFS issue I get in touch with (mostly off list) have their roots in driver and hardware specific issues.

Make sure that you do a "real" power-cut. i.e. make sure that the board really loses all power.
A plain chip reset often does not trigger these issues because the NAND still has power to complete.

Thanks,
//richard