Regarding UBI/UBIFS corruptions during random power-cuts.

Ritesh Harjani riteshh at codeaurora.org
Mon Aug 7 11:09:01 PDT 2017

Hi Richard,

On 8/6/2017 2:35 PM, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> Ritesh,
>
> Am 27.07.2017 um 16:11 schrieb Ritesh Harjani:
>>> The error you're facing is rather generic.
>>> In our case we can reproduce the issue very reliable when we enable the UBIFS /sys/kernel/debug/ubifs/chk_fs debugfs knob.
>>> Can you please also try? Please note that chk_fs will make mounting UBIFS very slow.
>>>
>>> I'm very interested in your results, maybe it helps tracking down the root cause.
>> Sure, I will give this a shot and let you know the outcome.
>
> Have you been able to trigger it again on your target?
Yes, we tried reproducing with chk_fs enabled. But could not reproduce
it yet (earlier we were trying without chk_fs enabled). We will continue
to retry for more time. Is there anything specific scenario you think I
should include in power on/off to reproduce this issue. The test(with
chk_fs enabled) is still running since 6-7 hours.

> Thanks,
> //richard

a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project