[v7, 1/3] nand: pl353: Add basic driver for arm pl353 smc nand interface

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Mon Oct 24 21:46:08 PDT 2016

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 03:58:49AM +0000, Punnaiah Choudary Kalluri wrote:

> > I have hacked the v7 patchset enough to work on 4.8 and hacked it some
> > more to work on my hardware. The driver appears to be in no better
> > shape than the 3.12 out-of-tree Xilinx release I was using previously..
>
> The driver in Xilinx tree works with 4.6 kernel and adopted the
> required

I mean, the driver from the 3.12 Xilinx tree that I last looked
at years ago. This is at v7 now and is still needs lots of work, I did
some fixing, including making parts of it work on 4.8.
You can copy it out of the patch I sent you.

> Changes (may release in 1-2 weeks). Still it need some rework, now a days
> I am seeing many requests from different people for this driver and some of
> Them are using different version of IP as you know this IP has four variants and
> Xilinx is using the pl353 variant.

Well, I am using Xilinx Zynq hardware and care about making that
configuration actually work. This is the last driver I require to use
Zynq with mainline.

It clearly needs more work than just forward porting to 4.8, so please
let me know if you are able to tackle this.

> Let's wait for the next series of patches and Get the patches tested
> with others as well along with the review comments.

You now have 10 review comments from me, please respond to all of them in
your v8 patchset - no sense in continuing to drag this out.

Please cc me on future series.

Jason