mtd locking

Richard Weinberger richard at nod.at
Sun May 29 09:17:02 PDT 2016

Hi!

Am 29.05.2016 um 17:53 schrieb Matthias Auchmann:
> By intended you mean it's wrong and we know, but it's still wrong, right?

I'd say lazy. Sometimes counters don't need to be exact.
Having exact counting is expensive. See network stack.

I'm not sure what the exact reasons in the ECC error counting
case are.
Maybe Brian or Boris can tell more.

> What about thread safety in general? Is the rest of the mtd system thread safe? Can it happen that e.g. a command is issued to NAND, and before the buffer is read, another command is issued (and similar scenarios)? Or is there some kind of protection in place for that?

NAND chip access is strictly serialized. :-)
See nand_get_device().

Thanks,
//richard