Looking for an alternative to ubimirror

PJ paul.j2 at rogers.com
Fri May 27 16:13:56 PDT 2016

Thanks Richard. It works for me.

An example for future reference. Copy /dev/ubi0_0 to /dev/ubi0_1:

The volume size (in bytes) is required when calling ubiupdatevol without an image file. It can be retrieved from ubinfo, something like this:
VOLSIZE=$(ubinfo /dev/ubi0_0 | grep -o '[0-9]\+ bytes' | grep -o '[0-9]\+')

In the ubiupdatevol a single dash ('-') is used in place of an image-file to trigger use of stdin.
dd if=/dev/ubi0_0 | ubiupdatevol /dev/ubi0_1 - -s ${VOLSIZE}

Paul