[PULL] mtd: nand: changes for 4.7

Brian Norris computersforpeace at gmail.com
Thu May 5 11:38:15 PDT 2016

Hi Boris,

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 10:13:48AM +0200, Boris Brezillon wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> This is my first PR for the NAND subsystem, so don't hesitate to tell me
> if I did something wrong ;).

Overall things aren't too bad, but I do have some comments.

> This pull request contains the following infrastructure changes:
> * introduction of the ECC algo concept to extend the ECC mode one
> * replacement of the nand_ecclayout infrastructure by something more
>   future-proof.
> * addition of an mtd-activity led trigger to replace the nand-activity
>   one
>
> And a bunch of specific NAND driver improvements/fixes. Here are the
> changes that are worth mentioning:
> * rework of the OMAP GPMC and NAND drivers
> * prepare the sunxi NAND driver to receive DMA support
> * handle bitflips in erased pages on GPMI revisions that do not support
>   this in hardware.

Thanks for the summary; it'd be nice if you can include this in the tag
description next time. Then it'll get auto-populated below with
git-request-pull, and it'll get pulled in automatically for me.

I also see this when I try to build a reasonably simple kernel:

depmod: ERROR: Found 5 modules in dependency cycles!
depmod: ERROR: Cycle detected: nand -> nand_bch -> nand

I think the new reference to &nand_ooblayout_lp_ops in nand_bch.c is
causing this (I can at least build/boot if I hack that out).

I haven't finished looking through everything else, but mostly looks
sane.

Regards,
Brian