ubiblock RW

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 04:51:37 PDT 2016

On Thu, 2016-03-24 at 18:26 -0300, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
> > > Richard, what do you think?
> > I'm definitely not fond of adding write support to ubiblock without
> > turning it into a proper FTL.
> > Otherwise it will be abused and will cause serious damage.
> >
> I'm not sure this statement makes much sense without actual numbers.

Ezequel,

could you re-summarize how the write support would be implemented? Read
entire LEB, modify data block (512 bytes), atomically write the LEB?
This would not perform well, but would probably work.

Or you want to avoid atomic LEB change and just erase the LEB and write
the entire LEB with the updated contents? This would probably be a bit
faster, but not power-cut safe.