mtd: pxa3xx_nand: issue with command time out

Hamish Martin Hamish.Martin at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Thu Mar 3 12:16:05 PST 2016

Hi Ezequiel,

I'm glad my analysis was correct and we more fully understand the
problem now. CONFIG_PREEMPT seems to work for us now, but it does seem
like the wrong fix, and if you guys think it will not guarantee
preventing the issue then we'd rather back that change out.

I had contemplated using wait_for_completion_interruptible() but was a
bit unsure if it was safe. Do you have a proposed patch? We would be
happy to apply it to our system, turn off CONFIG_PREEMPT, and see how it
goes. Out issue is highly reproducible so I think it would be a good
first test for a change?

Thanks,
Hamish M.