UBIFS Encryption

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Tue Jun 14 02:51:35 PDT 2016

Hi,

I have the necessity to encrypt UBIFS - I have read that there is some
movement about this, for example here:

	http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2016-March/066277.html

and some years ago there was another attempt:

	https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/150160/

It looks like from patchwork that the above patch was merged, but it is
not. Anyway, this looks as a starting point to add encryption /
decryption routine, for example using crypto hardware, to the compress /
decompress functions. In my understanding (I have a i.MX6 with CAAM
crypto hardware), this can be possible - but I am asking here if there
are some progress and which could be the best long term solution.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de