mtd: spi-nor: fsl-quadspi: add support for ls1021a

Yao Yuan yao.yuan at nxp.com
Fri Jan 22 01:01:26 PST 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 11:42 PM, Han Xu < xhnjupt at gmail.com > wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 1:53 AM, Yuan Yao <yao.yuan at freescale.com> wrote:
> > This patch set is used for add the fsl-quadspi support for ls1021a and
> > ls1043a, so remove the patch:
> > mtd: spi-nor: fsl-quadspi: extend support for some special requerment.
>
> Please use --cover-letter to generate cover letter.
>

> > This patch will be send with anther patch set for add QSPI support on LS2080A.
> >
> > All the new property are document in anther patch set which is already
> > send to linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org and devicetree at vger.kernel.org.
> > Here is the patch name:
> > 0001-Documentation-fsl-quadspi-Add-fsl-ls2080a-dspi-compa.patch
> > 0002-Documentation-fsl-quadspi-Add-fsl-ls2080a-qspi-compa.patch
> > 0003-dts-ls2080a-update-the-DTS-for-QSPI-and-DSPI-support.patch
> > 0004-Documentation-fsl-quadspi-Add-optional-properties.patch
> >
> > Any extra information you can find them on the patchwork:
> > https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/8078931/
> > https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/8078951/
> > https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/8079091/
> > https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/8078941/
>
> Please send all patches in one patch set, this is not acceptable.

Thanks for your review.
But those patches are dts binding patch. And will send to  devicetree at vger.kernel.org and some corresponding maintainer.

Those two patch sets will send to different mail-list and maintainers separately.

So, maybe it's better to send the patch to the maintainer accordingly and thus I think can also reduce the workload of maintainer.

How about your think?

Thanks.

Yuan Yao.