Block device emulation on top of ubi volumes with read/write support

Charles Godson cestgodson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 16:51:55 PST 2016

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 4:35 PM, Richard Weinberger <richard at nod.at> wrote:

> What is your fear?
> If your NAND is loosing random blocks you are in trouble anyways.
>
> Thanks,
> //richard
More along the lines of having software blow away first 2K (or
similar) of my mtd partition (sw bug). I think I would lose everything
in that case, right? When I have multiple mtd partitions, I would lose
only one of my file systems. However, all of this probably comes down
to having backup images, if high availability and reliability is
required.

Cheers,
Charles