mtd, nand, omap2: how to pass the NAND device name to mtdparts ?

Leto, Enrico enrico.leto at siemens.com
Mon Dec 19 01:30:32 PST 2016

Hello All,

I'm trying to port some projects to kernel 4.4. It crashes because the driver name given by mtdparts (omap2-nand.0) is no more accepted. It's running fine if I replace it with the device name (e.g. S34ML04G1).

We use different NANDs from different manufacturers. I'm searching for a convenient solution to pass the device name to mtdparts.

Should I read the device name from u-boot and to pass it to mtdparts?
Or some other suggestion or recommendation how to do that ?