[V2] mtd: devices: docg3:- Handle return value of devm_ioremap.

Robert Jarzmik robert.jarzmik at free.fr
Mon Dec 12 08:32:58 PST 2016

arvind Yadav <arvind.yadav.cs at gmail.com> writes:

> There is problem, if you will use devm_ioremap_resource instead of devm_ioremap,
> than devm_ioremap_resource will call request_mem_region().
> request_mem_region() allows to tell the kernel that this driver is going to use
> this range of I/O addresses, which will prevent other drivers to make an
> overlapping call to request_mem_region If other driver want to use same address
> space to access then it will not allow. Means we can not share same address
> space
> between two driver.

Hi,

You're right Arvind, and still, it's worth noticing that the docg3 access
semantics imply a "reserved" resource path (see how doc_register_readb() does a
write and how this cannot be shared with another driver).

Therefore I'll be willing to ack a mix of your both patches, the
devm_ioremap_resource() from Boris and the error message from your patch.

Cheers.

--
Robert