[GIT PULL] mtd: spi-nor: updates for 4.10

Brian Norris computersforpeace at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 10:50:15 PST 2016

On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 07:06:38PM +0100, Marek Vasut wrote:
> On 12/01/2016 06:41 PM, Brian Norris wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm not a big github fan, but I have access, yep.
> >
> > Not even as a dumb git server? I can understand not appreciating the
> > web interface.
>
> Well, it doesn't really feel right to keep kernel stuff outside of
> kernel.org , or is that OK now ? And I don't really like the EULA
> they have.

There's nothing magical about kernel.org. I see 63 github entries and 7
infradead entries in MAINTAINERS, and 12 github trees and 14 infradead
trees in linux-next.git, to name a few. There's also stuff at
freedesktop.org and probably other places. As with anything
kernel-related, it's a very distributed process, and the key is just to
have some kind of chain of trust, regardless of the storage location.

> > Anyway, nothing (except MAINTAINERS, which can be changed) requires we
> > use github. We could probably set up a shared infradead.org repo or
> > maybe even kernel.org if you'd prefer.
>
> I have a k.org account, but then, I also don't want to cause too much fuss.

I mean, a shared one between all SPI NOR maintainers. i.e., Cyrille
would need access. I don't really know anything about kernel.org access
permissions, but if he can get on there, then by all means.

I won't bug much more about this either, but if you would rather pick
something like infradead.org, I'm sure David can help us out.

Brian