UBI/UBIFS: dealing with MLC's paired pages

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 08:20:39 PDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-09-17 at 15:22 +0200, Boris Brezillon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently working on the paired pages problem we have on MLC
> chips.
> I remember discussing it with Artem earlier this year when I was
> preparing my talk for ELC.

Hi Boris,

excellent summary, very structured. I won't generate any new idea now,
just an implementation tactics suggestion.

For an implementation, I'd started with a power cut emulator which
emulates paired pages. I'd probably do it in UBI, may be lower. I'd
also write a good UBI power-cut test application. And then I'd start
playing with various implementation approaches. I'd use the test-driven
approach.

Artem.