Backporting ubiblock to Linux 3.3

Ezequiel Garcia ezequiel at vanguardiasur.com.ar
Tue Sep 15 07:26:17 PDT 2015

Konstantin,

On 15 September 2015 at 09:31, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hi Ezequiel and others,
>
> How do you think, would it be feasible to backport ubiblock to Linux 3.3 without large amount of work? I don't need latest and greatest version, just anything to get working and stable squashfs on top of it.

Yes, this should be feasible and not too complex.

> Could you point me to any specific version of ubiblock patch to start from? Should I apply patches from [1] first? Or any specific patches to UBI or MTD which are missing in that branch?

On 15 September 2015 at 11:01, Richard Weinberger
<richard.weinberger at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
> Backporting the state before my blk-mq conversion should be trivial.

As Richard says, you'll want to avoid the blk-mq conversion. I'd say
starting with v3.18 should
be sufficient:

$ git log v3.18.21  --reverse --no-merges --oneline -- drivers/mtd/ubi/block.c
9d54c8a UBI: R/O block driver on top of UBI volumes
4d283ee UBI: block: do not use term "attach"
ca2b722 UBI: block: Mark init-only symbol as __initdata
9981e14 UBI: block: Use 'u64' for the 64-bit dividend
8af8718 UBI: rename block device ioctls
d56030a UBI: block: Remove __initdata from ubiblock_param_ops
b4f42e2 block: remove struct request buffer member
bebfef1 UBI: avoid workqueue format string leak
151d6b2 UBI: block: Fix error path on alloc_workqueue failure
495f2bf UBI: block: Make ubiblock_resize return something
0a3d571 UBI: block: Set disk_capacity out of the mutex
4df3892 UBI: block: Avoid disk size integer overflow
3df7707 UBI: block: fix dereference on uninitialized dev
978d649 UBI: block: Fix block device size setting
06d9c29 UBI: block: Add support for the UBI_VOLUME_UPDATED notification

And you might want to backport this one too:

commit eb20e69ac83a1e4d764a49bf671e1e2e5dc4c15c