UBI/UBIFS: dealing with MLC's paired pages

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 05:29:41 PDT 2015

On Fri, 2015-10-30 at 12:59 +0100, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> That is a valid concern.
> But to me the idea sounds promising and is worth a try.
> We will stress test it and figure how much the actual overhead is.

Well, for me the question of "do we double-write or try to do a better
job" is more of a fundamental question, not a concern.

Right now I personally do not share the opinion that doing a better job
is hard, and double write is easy. I may be wrong though. So for me it
does not look like - "hey, we'll just write twice, it is worth a try"
is a good starting point.

And then "hey, we did not try to do a better job, so we write twice,
let's have this upstream" is a strong position.