Wear-leveling peculiarities

Johannes Bauer weolanwaybqm at spornkuller.de
Tue May 26 04:14:15 PDT 2015

Am 26.05.2015 12:08, schrieb Richard Weinberger:

> What flash is this?
> I should not start dying that early.

To be honest, I have no idea. The problem is that the CPU is stacked on
top of the NAND via package-on-package technlogoly. The whole component
is supplied by a third party (and I've just scanned their documentation,
which does not give any hints about the origin of the NAND). So I have
no markings on the package (POP) and no documentation. The only thing I
do have is dmesg:

omap2-nand driver initializing
ONFI flash detected
NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0x20, Chip ID: 0xaa (ST Micro NAND 256MiB
1,8V 8-bit)

Maybe there's a way to talk to the NAND directly and get some more
identification, but I don't know how. Any hints? I'd happily provide
clues.

Cheers,
Johannes