Tracking flash IO activity?

Brian Norris computersforpeace at gmail.com
Mon May 18 10:57:02 PDT 2015

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 11:22:52PM +0200, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 10:53 PM, Brian Norris
> <computersforpeace at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't know of any similar IO stats for MTDs, sorry.
>
> I wonder how hard it would be to integrate mtd into our current block IO stats.
> It mtd is too low level we could also do it with UBI.

I'm not sure if blk-io's iostats would be sufficiently informative for
MTD/UBI anyway. Wouldn't we care about at least one extra
non-block-device stat: the erase stats?

Also (and this may be more like what Valent is asking for, though he
mentions JFFS2, not UBIFS) is there a readily-available tool for reading
the erase counter information from a UBI volume?

Brian