UBIFS corruption and UBI + unstable bit questions

Morand, Guy Guy.Morand at comet.ch
Fri Mar 27 06:30:51 PDT 2015

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying!

> But it depends on the type of the corruption.
What do you mean by "type of the corruption". Is it about a PEB containing the
volume table corrupting every volumes on the MTD device? I can't imagine a PEB
containing "regular data" corrupting the whole MTD device or correct me if I'm
wrong! I guess this should be extremely rare as we don't update the volume table
every day ...

> Okay. That's what I thought. I've never seen the issue on serious hardware.
Serious hardware, does that mean with seriously select components?

Kind regards,

Guy