Mounting UBIFS images with a min. I/O unit of 1 byte

Kline, Matthew matthew.kline at flukenetworks.com
Tue Mar 31 11:02:45 PDT 2015

> Try mtdram - should help. Make sure it is built, then modprobe mtdram.
> There are parameters to control eraseblock size and flash size.

mtdram did the trick! Thank you so much for the suggestion.
The images are indeed for NOR memory, but until you mentioned it,
I had not heard of mtdram - every set of instructions I could find
for mounting suggested nandsim.

> P.S: feel free to amend the mtd web site too. Send patches against the 'mtd-www.git' project.

As someone without too much mailing list experience,
is proper etiquette to attach the patches or include them as part
of the message body?

Many thanks,
Matt