Missing support for ECC_SOFT_BCH in fsl-elbc-nand

Richard Weinberger richard at nod.at
Mon Mar 30 07:20:24 PDT 2015

Hi!

Am 30.03.2015 um 10:35 schrieb Martin Strbačka:
> On 27.3.2015 17:02, Richard Weinberger wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Martin Strbačka <martin.strbacka at nic.cz> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> in our product we have Freescale P2020 SoC together with Micron
>>> MT29F2G08ABAEAWP NAND. Lately we discovered that the internal driver
>>> (fsl-elbc-nand) supports only 1-bit HW ECC. So we would like to switch
>>> to ECC_SOFT_BCH (or on-die ECC as I saw some patches in this list
>>> recently). Do you know if anybody works on this or are there any patches
>>> already?
>>
>> Works on what?
>> I work (obviously) on on-die ECC support.
>
> I mean working on support ECC_SOFT_BCH or on-die ECC in fsl-elbc-nand. I
> believe that fsl-elbc-nand needs some modifications to support those ECC
> modes. Or am I wrong?

Ah. My on-die ECC patches should work with any NFC. If you look
at the diffstat you'll notice that it does not touch any NAND driver.
Unless fsl-elbc-nand doesn't do strange things it should just work.
Please give it a try, feedback is very welcome! :)

I've developed it on an AT91 based system.

Thanks,
//richard