Missing support for ECC_SOFT_BCH in fsl-elbc-nand

Martin Strbačka martin.strbacka at nic.cz
Fri Mar 27 07:13:09 PDT 2015

Hello,

in our product we have Freescale P2020 SoC together with Micron
MT29F2G08ABAEAWP NAND. Lately we discovered that the internal driver
(fsl-elbc-nand) supports only 1-bit HW ECC. So we would like to switch
to ECC_SOFT_BCH (or on-die ECC as I saw some patches in this list
recently). Do you know if anybody works on this or are there any patches
already?

I tried some hacks already because I found that ECC_SOFT is a fallback
option if HW ECC is not available. But it seems that there are few bits
missing. At least an implemetation of NAND_CMD_RNDOUT. Or am I missing
something?

Best Regards,
Martin Strbacka