RFC: detect and manage power cut on MLC NAND

Boris Brezillon boris.brezillon at free-electrons.com
Mon Mar 23 12:05:11 PDT 2015

Hi Artem,

On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 09:06:31 +0200
Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > You'd still have to prevent any write on the page paired with the EC
> > > header, but you're still saving one page with this approach and avoid
> > > any corruption of UBI metadata caused by paired pages.
> >
> > Ah, you probably meant VID header here, right?
>
> If we sacrifice another page, we could store a copy of the VID header
> there, in case the first copy gets corrupted. IOW, we'd have:
>
> 	ECH, VIDH#1, VIDH#2, User Data.

What do you mean by 'sacrificing another page', are you talking about
the one paired with the VID header page ?
If that's the case, then we cannot write anything on it (even a VID
header backup), because if the PROGRAM operation is interrupted both
pages (VIDH#1 and #2) could be corrupted.

Best Regards,

Boris

--
Boris Brezillon, Free Electrons