detect and manage power cut on MLC NAND

Qi Wang 王起 (qiwang) qiwang at micron.com
Fri Mar 20 18:48:41 PDT 2015

Hi Jeff,

So glad to meet our Micron colleague here.

On Fri, 21 Mar 2015 12:48:35 AM +0000 Jeff Lauruhn wrote:

>Hi Boris;
>> Yes, you are right. This method isn't allowed. User can only program
>> page within a block from low address to high address.
>
>Do you know the reason behind this ?

For this method, my idea is we can consider page 1 and page4 as one
page, to program page 1 and page 4 together. So if power cut occur,
both page 1 and page 4 (But one page corruption in software view)will
corrupt at same time, won't have issue for UBI/UBIFS.

I am not sure if I am right, Boris can correct me.

>This is done to help mitigate disturbs and to ensure we get the highest
>reliability.  Driving software developers crazy is just an extra
>benefit.  :)

Yes, I agree this point, to mitigate disturbs.

--
Thanks
Qi Wang