[RFC] Add DMA RX support for sunxi nand

Roy Spliet r.spliet at ultimaker.com
Fri Jun 12 04:38:47 PDT 2015

Following are two patches for sunxi nand DMA support. There's a whole phletora
of reasons why these are marked RFC, including:
- Sunxi DMA support still needs to be merged upstream
- Sun7i NAND definitions are not merged upstream
- No TX support
- Bounce buffer size is fixed to 8KB, and I have no idea whether this is sane
- No clustering of DMA requests
- More hw features that we might want to use

Some of this can be addressed in follow-up patches, some can't. I'm just
curious what you think.
Motivation for sending this out anyway: on my set-up this already improves
boot time by approx. 4s, or ~10%. This cheers me up on a sunny Friday afternoon
in the office.
Happy testing and reviewing. Yours,

Roy

--