enhance ONFI table reliability/stable

Bean Huo 霍斌斌 (beanhuo) beanhuo at micron.com
Tue Jul 21 07:42:34 PDT 2015

Hi,

Recently, I faced some case about ONFI table reliability, now it used CRC.
If there is bit flips in ONFI parameter pages, parameter backup page will be taken.
For latest linux,default read three copys.

	chip->cmdfunc(mtd, NAND_CMD_PARAM, 0, -1);
	for (i = 0; i < 3; i++) {
		for (j = 0; j < sizeof(*p); j++)
			((uint8_t *)p)[j] = chip->read_byte(mtd);
		if (onfi_crc16(ONFI_CRC_BASE, (uint8_t *)p, 254) ==
				le16_to_cpu(p->crc)) {
			break;
		}
	}

However ,with technoogy improvement,for TLC and new generatin MLC,I think, three copys of
Parameter tables is not powerful enough.my question is that if there is a good method to protect and corrent parameter page. For example,we can use linux software BCH ecc.
Any suggections and input be welcomed,if you having any concerns about this,don't free tell me.