autoresize causes insufficient reservation of PEBs for bad PEB handling

Egli, Samuel samuel.egli at siemens.com
Thu Jul 9 03:23:28 PDT 2015

Hi Richard

>There are more odds.
>
>I don't see a message like "[   90.757282] ubi0: volume 2
>("configuration") re-sized from 80 to 7948 LEBs"
>in that log. So, re-size did not happen.
>
>Is this a pristine kernel or does it contain some vendor "tweaks"?

The issue didn't lie in linux kernel. We have in our ubi volume
the uImage. So U-Boot needs to mount it and actually does
the resize. In U-Boot version 2014.04 there is still a
older ubi driver that doesn't perform the resizing correctly.

With U-Boot v2015.04, however, the issue is resolved.

Thanks, for looking into this.

Sam